Are you having serious trouble with termites in your home? Now is the time for you to learn how to get rid of termites. These pests will literally eat you out of your house and home if you don't take action. Here are some handy tips on how to recognize 5 things you didn't realize were attracting termites to your home.
1. Random Piles of WoodThe first step in effective termite control is knowing where they congregate. Do you have piles of firewood or leftover branches from tree trimming in your yard? This is a potential hot spot for the presence of termites. They can first congregate in great numbers in this pile, then move from there to your home.
Your best bet in such a situation is to remove all such piles of wood as soon as possible. Get them cut down to a manageable size and then disposed of in a quick and safe manner. The sooner you do so, the sooner you will remove one of the biggest incentives for the presence of termites in or near your home.
2. Excess Piles of FoliageWhen it comes to learning how to get rid of termites, you have to examine each and every potential gathering ground for these pests. This means giving close attention to any piles of foliage that may be lying around in your front or back yard. They may have gathered there naturally or been placed there after a clean up job.
Whatever the reason may be, you need to properly dispose of these excess piles of foliage as soon as possible. Dead trees, leaves, and other natural debris will tend to rot. As it does so, it will attract termites, wasps, and other unwanted pests. The sooner you banish this foliage from your yard, the sooner your home will be safe.
3. Dead Leaves and Limbs from TreesAnother big issue for ongoing termite control is getting rid of dead tree leaves and limbs. These are wood items that attract termites like flies. Since termites eat wood, this is one of the articles of debris that will most surely draw them in great numbers. While they do not tend to eat leaves, they can easily hide in a pile of them.
For this reason, you want to make sure not to leave dead leaves and limbs from trees lying around in your yard. After a tree trimming or removal operation, make sure to clear the debris away as soon as you can. Doing so will ensure that your yard stays clean and neat. It will also remove a major gathering point for termites.
4. Excess Piles of MulchWhen it comes to learning how to get rid of termites, one of the best lessons you can absorb is not to leave excess piles of mulch lying around. As soon as your yard has been fertilized in the proper fashion, get rid of the excess. This is because mulch can be fed on as well as hidden in by termites and many other types of pests.
Pest control companies in Polk County are unanimous in their warnings against leaving excess mulch in your yard. Mulch should always be kept at a distance of at least 15 inches from the foundation of your home.
5. Clogged Up GuttersAnother major cause for concern is clogged up gutters. This could lead to a variety of problems, including the presence of large numbers of termites in or near your home. The build up of an excess amount of leaves and twigs is a danger to the security of your property.
This is due to the fact that excess moisture from foreign matter in your gutter can soften up or rot the roof of your home. If left unattended, these soft spots could ultimately allow termites and other pests to penetrate your roof and infest your property. A regular gutter cleaning will prevent this from occurring.
Get Expert Pest Control in Polk CountyJ.P.'s Termite & Pest Control, Inc. is one of the foremost pest control companies in Polk County. No matter what your problem with termites may be, you can rely on us for quick and cost effective relief. We can arrange for our friendly and knowledgeable service team to come to your home in order to diagnose the issue.
Once we know what needs to be done, we will get right to it. We offer you state of the art service with no surprises and no hidden fees. We are your one stop shop for top level termite control. Get in touch with us today by requesting a quote online or calling 863-581-2104 to learn what one of the most acclaimed pest control companies in Polk County can do to help you.
In 1999, I decided to start my own pest control business so I could have more flexibility in order to be involved in my sons' sporting activities (and to be able to fish when I wanted to). Twenty years later, I'm proud to have my sons working with me helping grow the company!